The latest Apex Legends update dropped before the Season 2 launch didn’t focus on any content related drop but on one of the major issues that can be found in the game even from the earlier stages of the game back in February, the audio. More than half of the games Apex players were experiencing had some sort of an audio distortion issue where it either would be completely gone for extended periods of time or some sounds wouldn’t be heard at all like enemy footsteps which can be crucial when getting into combat.
All of these problems are aimed to be fixed with this piece of update as well as with further actions against the hit registration bugs which are also present in the game. Although this update doesn’t bring any solutions to it, it is going to help the developer team to track what goes on behind the scenes when tracking of bullet damage and therefore the fixes might come when the Season 2 launches.
Regarding the audio of the game, the changes include
- Increased the volume of close proximity enemy footsteps.
- Increased the priority given to the enemy footsteps when in heavy combat situations.
- Increased the volume of the music on the winning screen.
- Lowered the master volume of all sounds from character select screen to end of the drop sequence.
- Pathfinder’s footstep sounds lowered for the person playing it.